Saturday, August 20, 2011

Challenge Day 26 and a LOT to catch you up on!!

Challenge Day 26 and a LOT to catch you up on!!              
Ok so I know I’m about 15days behind on my blog! ALTHOUGH, I’ve found that something super exciting does not happen daily so better to write a good juicy blog then just a plane Jane one!
Already at Challenge day 26 and I’m nowhere near thinking about throwing in the towel. That’s not to say there haven’t been numerous speed bumps and cravings! First, my big weakness is chocolate!!! I love chocolate, I love the way it melts, tastes, looks and that after taste keeps me craving MORE! So a couple weeks ago Anthony is going to the store and asks if I need anything. I respond with a “no thank you, I’m good.” Then think “oh how a dark piece of chocolate sounds divine! Just one little piece to satisfy the craving!” and quickly retort my “no thank you,” with “well actually how about a dark chocolate bar??”
When he returns, I’ve totally psyched myself up for the piece of chocolate I’m about to enjoy! “Should I make a small coffee or tea to go with it or…” when my thoughts are interrupted with what he has returned with, a dark chocolate Milky Way and Kit Kat and a milk chocolate Reese Cup.  Humph! As none critical as I could I thanked him and asked “Babe, they didn’t have any just dark chocolate bars??” Sadly, 711 had run clean out of all dark chocolate bars. :P One small bite of the Milky Way to cure the craving and I remembered I don’t even like Milky Ways! He meant well. Lesson learned, on my next grocery store trip the first thing in the cart….dark chocolate bars!
The six meals a day have been a  breeze, it’s basically snacking all day on GOOD FOR YOU stuff rather than a bag of chips! Vinn loves it too because 99% of the time he gets a bite of whatever I’m eating.
Challenge day 23, was my first day of cross fit training workout with my brother! Umm….let’s start off with this stuff is INTENSE! I went out there feeling a lot less confident then I would let’s say in a shoe store because first, I barely own workout clothes, I had to get tennis shoes just to work out as I usually work out in flip flops on the elliptical (which apparently is not good for you at all) and sports/agility are not usually my cup of tea.   So walking out into the yard with a handful of people that know exactly what they are doing…was quite intimidating. Once I got over the initial “OH my gosh everyone is staring at me (which they weren’t) I started to really focus and do my best to get as much out of the workout as I could. Let me tell you ….3 minutes feels like an eternity when you are doing cross fit! But I rocked it! And when I thought I couldn’t go any further, do anymore box jumps or burpies (thanks lil’ bro! last time I make fun of those!) a little voice in my head said…”So walking out into the yard with a handful of people that know exactly what they are doing…was quite intimidating. Once I got over the initial “OH my gosh everyone is staring at me (which they weren’t) I started to really focus and do my best to get as much out of the workout as I could. Let me tell you ….3 minutes feels like an eternity when you are doing cross fit! But I rocked it! And when I thought I couldn’t go any further, do anymore box jumps or burpies (thanks lil’ bro! last time I make fun of those!) a little voice in my head said…”you can do this!! Come on one more!” and my brother followed it up with a motivational call out. Once I completed the workout…the feeling was amazing! I did it! I really did it! I didn’t quite I just did it!
I took in as much advice I could, these people had been doing cross fit training for months now. They knew what they were talking about! Lots of water and stretches, “like for serious…” one said. So that’s what I did and the next day…yes I could feel I had worked out but I wasn’t in agonizing pain. It was more of a satisfying ache reminding me what I had accomplished the day prior. My next cross fit training on Friday (challenge day 25) was equally as satisfying and I felt less hard. My brother (the workout natzi) stated I felt it was less hard because I talked all through my workout…lol!! NOT ME!? :P
Ending challenge day 25 with blue flashing lights was not exciting at all!! The jerky cop (usually I refer to uniformed persons as officers, but this guy was so mean he doesn’t deserve that) was the worst of the worst. Once I drove away and replayed the situation in my head, first, it could have been much worse and second, THANK GOODNESS for family because my mom, brother and cousin were there in a flash! And finally, I’ve been feeling so good, doing so great and I get this curve ball, but you know what I thought…don’t let this get me down. I’m healthy and can get back up from this too! So I did!
I’ve taken in a lot of ideas, job possibilities, literature this past week…and perhaps the thing that stood out most was this… He who loves wisdom loves his own best interest and will be a success. -proverbs 19:8
Now challenge day 26 and feeling quite good!!!!! It’s a low key (thank goodness) weekend, so I napped with Vinn and I woke up to a dozen long stem red roses! <3
Let the challenge continue!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment