Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Challenge Days 5-10!

My challenge got a little challenging with the whole travel to ATL thing. Although I didn't forget my shake mix and packed my cooler!!! I was quite proud! Not one hot fudge Sunday or french fries hit my lips...all that know me KNOW that is my road trip weakness! I cant say I didn't fight the urge cause the craving was there!

So many people asked what my challenge was about and wanted to try the shake!! I got a lot of "what kind of diet is it?" Always with the response "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. Like taking a vitamin everyday or brushing your teeth." "Yes, but what are you allowed to eat??" me, "Anything I want. I just chose to take out white (because if it's white it ain't right) to replace with whole grain and low fat milk to fat free! That's all!"


So many of my friends and family hadn't seen me in so long....now with an 18 month old...and I felt that I had the energy he does! Seriously, this shake replaces all the nutrients and stuff, a mother (or anyone) does NOT have time to eat all you would need to eat to gain in my body! Feeling = Amazing!

Challenge Day 10, very interesting lesson learned. Since starting the challenge I've learned to be ok with sweating, while working out, other than that not a huge fan. And I believe this is the hottest summer we have seen in FL yet! So I drop Vin off at school and decide to go looking for some shoes (for him not me!) The only thing is, I had every intention of going home to work out so I was in work out clothes with flip flops, because tennies go on later. So after an unsuccessful hour of hunting for some new shoes for the V-man, I decide it's time to get home and work out! But the car wouldn't start.

Now let me tell you, it was 10am, just at the beginning of getting hot! So I waited because yes, Holly the Honda sometimes acts funny...so I waited about 15min, Still nothing. By now, I look as though I have just stepped out of the shower it's so dang hot!!! And everyone I ask if they have jumper cables quickly says no, while walking a bit quicker and clutching their handbag or the hand of their partner. I could see where I looked a little sketchy, ok....maybe some criminals like to sweat their asses off in order to car jack someone...I am not one of them. Let's remember, I have JUST become ok with sweating while working out.

Then, I started to get hungry. You see my plan was this, drop Vinn off, go home to work out, drink shake as recovery! This means no cooler was packed, no food to hold me over was in my car, NOTHING! This is why I started to panic. Finally, after 5 "Do you have any jumper cables??" quick response, "NO!" (some were actually kind enough to act like they were looking then say no. lol! at least 3 gallons of sweat and a rumblely tummy, I decided eff it! Marched right into Old Navy and asked Associates for jumper cables!!!!



This is a SHOUT OUT to the manager at the Sanford Old Navy, MATT...WHO helped me!!! I believe had it not been for him, I may still be sitting in that parking lot, no shoes for Vinnie! No food for me! Still sweating NO DOUBT!


Topping my day/evening off with my ME time and a dessert shake (Sweet Cream, Banana/Chocolate!) Preparing for Day 11! Yesssss!!! #rockingthischallengelikewhoa!
 Success Magazine! ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE!?

1 comment:

  1. Shel, you make me want to be a better person!! I am so proud of you and all you are accomplishing!!!

    ReplyDelete